By Lou Phelps, Coastal Family October 1, 2014 - On Tuesday afternoon this week, the Secretary of the U.S. Department…More...
Coastal Empire News Staff Report October 13, 2014 – The Davenport House has announced two new ‘Harvest Lectures’ for this…More...
By Jordan Rankin, Coastal Family November 14, 2014 – All of Savannah is invited to come out experience an old…More...
Greater Savannah Area Community News for Families
- Nov. 24 - Raccoon tests positive for rabies after attacking family dog
- Nov. 24 - Georgia Division of Child Support Services launches new phone number
- Nov. 24 - Donations being accepted for the funeral expenses for 2-year old Kiaja Smalls
- Nov. 21 - Alderman Dr. Estella Shabazz to hold District 5 public safety meeting Nov. 25 for “a time for healing”
- Nov. 18 - Georgia Arson Control Board offers practical fire safety tips for the holidays
- Nov. 18 - World AIDS Day events & recognition happening in Savannah
- Nov. 18 - Pine Gardens Historic District Listed in the National Register of Historic Places
- Oatland Island’s Harvest Festival and Cane Grinding on Nov. 22 celebrates the history of Good Food!
- Nov. 10 - Department of Juvenile Justice hiring in November - recruiters looking for Corrections Officer candidates
- Nov. 10 – Rape Crisis Center to hold “Safe on the Run” self-defense class
- Nov. 5 - Frank Callen Boys and Girls Club announces Judge Realty as Starlight Sponsor for A Night of Future Stars 2014
- Oct. 31 - New metro police advises city on Marathon weekend safety
- Oct. 31 - Isle of Hope K-8 named State STEM Education Award Winner!
- Oct. 28 - Nation’s most unique haunted attraction sails into Savannah
- Oct. 28 - Wildfire training exercise to be held October 30 in Waycross
Getting Back to Work
Green Living Georgia
- Nov. 24 - Flannery O’Connor Childhood Home to host 25th annual reading of Truman Capote’s “A Christmas Memory” on December 14
- Nov. 24 - 2nd annual student, instructor and staff art exhibition and sale
- Nov. 18 - Branch of the Georgia Air National Guard to host flag-raising for DoD youth program
- Nov. 18 - National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force hosts 4th annual Flying Fortress 5K and family activities
- Nov. 18 - 2014 Turkey Trot benefits Deep Well Project’s efforts to end hunger
Most Read Stories
- About Us
- Georgia Doctor Discusses New Breast Cancer Treatment
- Parker’s President and CEO Discusses Entrepreneurship With Gifted Students at Godley Station School
- JULY 2009: The Work-at-Home Solution: Tips on Creating a Dream Job in Your Own House
- New Mind-Body Fertility Programs Proving Popular and Effective
- Hot Topic: New Evacuation Guidelines For Local Area
- 1 in 20 children suffer symptoms of Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)